Friday, October 28, 2011

Kaisercraft Saturday Sketch October


I created this layout at the start of the month when I received my Bonjour papers. I really liked this sketch as it allocates enough space for 3 photos which I just love. These days everyone has sooo many photos and they just don't know how they are able to scrap all of them and thus feel the need to catch up and that they are never up-to-date. Sketches like this one allow you to get a numerous photos down at once. This paper range is perfect for girls and for travel. I think it would be fantastic to use for pages about your mother or grandmother too. I really enjoyed working with this range. So here it is. 
Here is the sketch.

Here is my take on the sketch.




 I really like this method of creating a banner. Cut a strip of paper the length and width you want, fold the paper in half length ways and cut a 'v' out of it starting from the edge of the paper and cutting up towards the middle/fold of the paper. Simple but effective.


The flower is from the sticker sheet as is the butterfly border.




The heart were cut using my spellbinder dies and I've used pop dots to give them some dimension. I love the Kaisercraft pearls I've used too. They work really well with this range.

Some really simple techniques in this layout but I like the overall effect. I like the banner. What do you think?

14 comments:

  1. Love the layout especially the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the banner! I love the whole layout - a perfect showcase for such adorable pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome Amity. LOVE the banner indeed. The photo is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the title in the banner! And the LO in general :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your banner and the way you did your journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout-I love the banner and the photos are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip on the banner. Great idea and such a nice page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on the sketch and the banner is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet layout, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty layout!! Found you from the blog post at Scrapbook.com, following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Banner looks fabulous - that range is my most favourite to date.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to ask any questions too and I'll get back to you.